Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finding a throw

One of my goals for this season is learning to throw a flick huck. Having already a strong backhand, i realized the need to have a huck on the flick side simply because the majority of teams will force this way. I've also realized that smart teams in the past have figured out that i could throw my backhand much further than flick- even though in most games I can get my IO backhand huck off against a flick force at least once per game. 

Last night I got to actually throw some flick hucks. Starting off with a few in a 1v1 huck drill, then threw a few in our scrimmage. Some of the first few i've throw with a legit mark on me...i had been throwing it for a while, but it wasn't until last Wednesday after practice when I had a freshmen alternate between flat & flick forces on me as i threw some deep shots. 


It definitely still needs work. I need to get where I can consistently drive the disc forward(getting the float out). But, for now, I finally feel like i have the shot to that wide open teammate beating their defender by 10 yards who's 50yards down the field, which is much better than having to dump the disc while my teammate wastes energy getting open deep. 

Fundraiser Hat Tourny Saturday for Nooga by Nature. 11 days to Regionals. 3 days til Seeds are announced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment